Forest Gnomes have been historically reclusive. They are more likely to hide from outsiders than converse or trade with them, as it is their preference to keep the location of their villages secret. They have an inherent bond with nature and prefer to keep away from the settlements of “civilized” races.
Adult: 22 years old
Life expectancy: 200 years old
Average male: 3’9" 65 lbs
Average female: 3’7" 55 lbs
• Hardy: +1 Constitution
• Small: As a Small creature, a gnome gains a +1 size bonus to Armor Class, a +1 size bonus on weapon attack rolls, -1 to their combat maneuver attack and defense, and a +4 size bonus on stealth checks, but he uses small weapons, and his lifting and carrying limits are three-quarters of those of a Medium character with similar strength.
• Short legged: base speed of 5 spaces.
• Inherent magic: Forest gnomes possess the following spell like abilities: 1/day: dancing lights, ghost sound, and prestidigitation. The caster level is the gnome’s level, the attack bonus equals ½ their level + spell level + charisma
• Nature’s ally: Gnomes act as though they are under the effects of a “speak with animals” spell at all times.
• Wild friend: A gnome gains the wild empathy skill trick for free. They also qualify to take the animal companion feat even if their class does not have access to it..
• Thrive in the wild: +2 racial bonus on endurance, perception and nature checks.
• Automatic Languages: Common and gnome.